Thursday, January 7, 2010

Homeschooled Kids Are Weird!

Today marks the fifth time in the short life of this blog that someone has arrived here by doing a Google search with some variation of the words in this blog title. (A while back I had a post titled My Weird, Unsocialized Homeschool Kids, and it is showing up in Google searches that include those words.) I can't help but wonder what the motive was that drove those folks to perform that search. Was it someone who really thinks homeschooled kids are weird and is looking for articles to back him up? Or is it some parent who wants to homeschool her kids but is afraid that homeschooling her kids will make them weird and is looking for evidence to the contrary? Whatever, I find it mildly amusing.

For the record, my homeschooled kids are weird, but it has nothing to do with the fact that they are homeschooled. My kids who attend public school are weird, too. As evidence, I'd like to share a photo of a gingerbread house my public school kids decorated together.



For those math challenged people out there (me!), that is Absolute 7 in gum drops. Don't ask me why. All I know is that the boys thought it was pretty funny (because they're weird!)

Nope, my kids' weirdness has nothing to do with schooling. It's all in the genes, Baby! I come from a long line of freaks. Just ask my husband. We take pride in our "weirdness".

For future Googlers who end up here by accident, please read this helpful article to determine whether or not your child is showing signs of weirdness. Early intervention is key.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails