Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Ding Dong! The Witch Is Dead!

Thing 3 finished 4th Grade Shurley English today! I don't know who was more excited...him or me. I'm pretty sure it was me.

I have a love/hate relationship with Shurley. In October, I almost divorced her. I couldn't handle the jingles, detail and repetition any longer. I was about ready to set fire to the books when I decided I didn't want to spend another dime on curriculum and vowed to give it one more try. I went through the curriculum, figured out what parts of it would work for us and ignored the rest. Once I did that, it worked beautifully. Thing 3 developed a really solid grammar foundation, and for that, I'm glad I stuck with it. That said, Shurley and I are going our separate ways next year.

We headed to Quik Trip this afternoon for a celebratory Icee.



As if we don't draw enough attention to ourselves just by being out and about during school hours, Thing 4 got some extra attention by wearing her favorite shoes.







The old me...the one who didn't expend a ridiculous amount of energy every day arguing about subtraction...might have said "no" to wearing those shoes out. The new, tired me was just glad she was getting out of the house.

2 comments:

  1. Ha Ha Ha! I love this post! Almost as much as I love the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is fantastic! Congrats Thing 3!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails