Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fall Break!

Fall Break starts Thursday and goes through Monday. I am doing the Happy Dance!

Most homeschooling moms I know don't take Fall Break or many of the other typical school breaks. I, however, welcome the public school vacations and take them just as if my children were in public school. I do it with little guilt, too. Maybe I'm just a slacker, I don't know, and at this point, I don't really care. I just know that after 8.5 weeks of lots of focused time with my precious angels, I need a break. If that makes me a slacker, then call me a slacker. I've been called worse.

So tomorrow our school work will consist of doing our history crafts for the week and then we break until next Tuesday. The OE Dad insists I deserve the time off (smart man, eh?), and I couldn't agree more.

2 comments:

  1. Slacker.

    It takes one to know one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to chime in here and say I totally agree with you and do the same thing! We don't have fall break here, but when the country had a day off here and there, you better know I took off! Lovely can then play with friends who are off as well, I can rejoin society...etc. It is very renewing.

    Unless I know we have a crazy schedule coming up and will need to take OFF days, I freely take the country days off as given lol! you go girl!

    Thinking of you today!!

    P.S. Speaking of days...do you do a 4 day school week? I do. The 5th day can be rest, co-op classes, catch up, field trip, or enrichment. Many time we rest...the last month or so co-op has kept us busy with class or field trips...but I love a mental day!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails