Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving - OE Style!

On Monday, instead of our regular Science class, we had a little home school Thanksgiving feast. It was so much fun.

First, one of the moms made Pilgrim Hat cookies with the children.




Then we made butter for the bread.



For some reason, it took longer than usual, and a whole lot of shaking, to turn this cream into butter.

We thought it would never turn to butter.


By the time it did, we were all sweaty and I was too worn out to take a picture. You have my word, however, that we did have fresh, homemade butter for our bread.

Then we had a yummy Thanksgiving feast together. 13 children, 6 moms, and 1 dad sharing friendship and food.

Is there anything sweeter than this?


I'm very thankful that I am able to Otherwise Educate my precious children.

And I'm thankful that I have a husband who not only supports this crazy experiment, but encourages me. He was at this party because he enjoys experiencing these special days with our children. However, I forgot to take a picture of him. This little boy looks like a miniature version of him, so use your imagination.

Not only does he look just like his daddy, he's just as sweet, too!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE this!!! Can't wait to join you next fall...with a newborn nd a 2 year old...what am I signing up for? LOL!

    Thanks for the inspiration. You are doing a GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness!! Did we have fun or WHAT?? I do love sharing this time with you and our kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness!! Did we have fun or WHAT! I love sharing this time with you and our kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic way to celebrate Thanksgiving. Looks like great fun was had by all :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails