Quite by accident, I recently came across a lovely series of language arts books. I wasn't even looking for a language arts curriculum, but saw these books mentioned on an Oak Meadow forum that I frequent and knew I had to check them out.
The Ruth Heller World of Language Series is a beautiful collection of picture books with each book highlighting a particular part of speech. There are eight books in the series:
- Merry-Go-Round, A Book About Nouns
- Mine, All Mine, A Book About Pronouns
- Kites Sail High, A Book About Verbs
- Many Luscious Lollipops, A Book About Adjectives
- Up, Up, and Away, A Book About Adverbs
- Behind the Mask, A Book About Prepositions
- Fantastic! Wow! And Unreal!, A Book About Interjections and Conjunctions
This afternoon I received the first four that I ordered.
I loved them so much that I ordered the other four tonight. (It helps that Amazon has a "buy three, get the fourth free" promotion going on right now.)
These living books, have beautiful, lively illustrations and are written in engaging rhyme.
Thing 4, who is a highly visual child, will love this series.
Who knew that grammar lessons could be so much fun?